1. Color SamplesHeartwood Cabinetry assembles a variety of materials for your convenience and consideration from many manufacturers. We obtain samples from these manufacturers for your consideration, but color samples may vary. If you feel a color is not an acceptable representation of our sample, we can contact the manufacturer.
2. Interpretive DrawingsHand or computer generated renderings are reasonable approximations of what your project will look like in a perfect world. Unfortunately, walls and ceiling are not always square; therefore, details may vary. All dimensions and plans are subject to job site verification and adjustment.
3. FlooringIt is wise to work from ceiling to floor to minimize damage to new items. We recommend new flooring be installed last. Many of today's popular tiles are hand made with an irregular size and shape. This results in and irregular grout line that contributes to the informal charm. Uniformly sized tiles are also available that will offer a more formal and consistent look. Consult with your designer.
4. Wood Grains Color and TextureSome woods exhibit wild grains and color variations while others are more subtle. Natural wood products will exhibit grain, color shading, knots and mineral streaks that can vary widely. Some natural woods will have many knots while other species will have few if any. The number of knots among a single species can also vary greatly. These non-uniform characteristics are all contributors to the visual appeal of natural wood cabinetry and furniture. Certain stains on wood will diminish some of these natural wood characteristics. Cherry is a beautiful hardwood; however, the natural pigmentation in cherry reacts with ultra- violet rays in natural and artificial light resulting in an overall darkening of the original color. On rare occasions it might lighten. The phenomenon is known as mellowing. Heartwood Cabinetry points out these characteristics of natural woods, because the effect of these variations in an entire set of cabinets or furniture may be different from what you visualize when viewing a smaller display or finish sample.
5. SchedulingBefore we start your project, we will advise you of a tentative ideal project schedule. Weather, delivery foul-ups, illness, scheduling conflicts with subcontractors, errors, and change orders may delay completion. We try to keep on schedule, but please be patient when other factors interfere with your progress. We will do everything we can to keep your job moving along.
6. Electrical and PlumbingHeartwood Cabinetry is a certified general contractor that can easily handle any and all plumbing or electrical needs. Please contact us for any concerns in those areas.
7. Counter TopsCounter tops are typically templated one business day after the base cabinets are installed. Once templated, tops can take 7 days to fabricate and install. This will vary with availability of material selection. The supplier can help with verifying lead times. Remember counter tops made of laminate or solid surface materials are heat resistant; however, they can be damaged by extreme heat. Your supplier can give you information on the care and maintenance of your counter top.
8. Progress paymentsOur payments schedule is typically fifty percent deposit when the contract is signed, forty percent when the cabinets are delivered, and the final ten percent when the job is substantially complete. This is a standard in the cabinet industry. Please be prompt with your payments to avoid delays in installation.
9. Dust Control and Trash Pick-UpDepending on the scope of your project, remolding will generate some amount of dust and debris. It is our responsibility to leave your house broom clean each day. Drop Cloths and plastic curtains will be used as necessary to minimize dirt and dust migration. Every effort will be made to minimize dust migration, but you can expect some migration into other areas of your home. Trash pickup is normally included in your contract.
10. Old CabinetsTear out is not included in installation. If you would like our installer to tear out and remove your old cabinets, there will be an additional fee. Please discuss this with your sales person. There are many people who might be able to use old cabinets, counter tops, appliances, and fixtures. You might want to arrange for Habitat for Humanity to pick them up. Unless otherwise stated, reinstallation of old cabinets in another part of your house is not included. If you would like this, please let us know and we will make the changes to your contract.
11. Drips under the SinkYour sink is hooked up with new fittings. However, it is not unusual, due to initial expansion and contraction, for these fittings to require re tightening. Please check carefully for these the first few days for leaking. Wipe up any leaks immediately and place a drip pan under the leak and call your plumber immediately.
12. The Work DayOur normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please remember our workers have other duties to complete and may not be at your home at exactly 8:00 am. If it becomes necessary for us to schedule work after hours or on weekends, it will be with your permission and you will not incur overtime charges.
13. Missing or Damaged ItemsOccasionally, missing items or damaged parts must be reordered please be patient while we are waiting for these parts to complete your project. We also want to finish the job as quickly as possible.
14. Knobs and PullsHeartwood Cabinetry normally does include knobs or pulls in our proposals. You may select and buy your knobs and pulls from us or you may buy from another source. In either case Heartwood Cabinetry will gladly install your hardware. There are a number of ways to install knobs or pulls; therefore, please let us know how to install your knobs. Knobs and pulls should be selected before your job is contracted.
15. Final PaymentIn the event the project is substantially complete, but is awaiting minor parts or pieces that were back ordered or defective, a prorated final payment will be arranged to cover the balance while awaiting their arrival and completed installation.
Thank YouWe hope these explanations have helped you to understand more about the kitchen or bath remodel process. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate contact us.
It is a pleasure to be working with you on this project. Thank you for choosing Heartwood Cabinetry.